Legal and compliance expertise combined with in-depth Microsoft knowledge
Cloud Essentials has a dedicated Compliance Advisory practice which has a unique mix of skilled technicians and tech savvy legal and risk specialists who combine a deep understanding of Microsoft technologies with extensive, hands-on experience. The team has a refreshingly practical grasp of information governance and compliance to guide progressive (but realistic) journeys to compliance using Microsoft technologies.
Our compliance solution focuses on workshops that involve stakeholders from across the business in valuable conversations that promote well-informed decision-making. We provide pragmatic, reasoned, legally-founded recommendations that involve people, process and technology.
We offer our clients:
- legal expertise AND in-depth understanding of the technology (we’re a Microsoft GOLD partner)
- experts skilled in bridging the gap between legal and IT
- technical expertise to deploy technology solutions, combined with pragmatic advice and recommendations
- a problem-focused and risk-based approach to uncovering business/compliance challenges and their impact, before seeking to find a solution
- a holistic approach encompassing people, process and technology which is developed through consultation with business stakeholders to ensure that we create a sustainable compliance framework that everyone is bought into and can be evolved over time
- interactive workshops which leave both compliance and technical staff with a higher level of understanding and encourage buy-in to adopt changes and maintain high standards
- a long term partnership offering ongoing advisory services to contribute to steering committees and advisory boards in the future and a good understanding of the bigger picture to advise on next steps for our clients’ ongoing cloud journey.
Work with Cloud Essentials’ legal and compliance experts to navigate your compliance challenges with confidence
Our compliance advisory service includes:
Compliance Overview Workshop
Data Privacy Assessment and Advisory Workshop
Data Classification Taxonomy Workshop
Tailored advice and consultancy
Our compliance solution focuses on workshops that involve stakeholders from across the business in valuable conversations that promote well-informed decision-making.
COMPLIANCE OVERVIEW WORKSHOP
A half day workshop for organisations needing familiarisation with and confidence in Compliance Center technologies, designed for both IT and compliance professionals to attend.
Outcome: Gain a greater understanding of the Microsoft 365 compliance technologies to drive improved adoption across the organisation.
DATA PRIVACY ASSESSMENT & ADVISORY WORKSHOP
An intensive advisory workshop for organisations needing to take stock of their compliance posture as part of a proactive compliance strategy.
Outcome: Identify the required people, process and technology controls you require and leave with an actionable roadmap to continue your compliance journey.
DATA CLASSIFICATION TAXONOMY WORKSHOP
A series of consultations across business units for organisations wanting to manage risk with data classification and labelling.
Outcome: a tailored data classification scheme to meet your unique requirements to enable consistent, organisation-wide implementation and adoption.
Ongoing advice and guidance from our expert team. Keep up to date with the latest developments and legislative requirements, as well as seeking advice dealing with your compliance/technology challenges.
Meet our experts
Head of Legal and Compliance
Kelly leads the Compliance Advisory practice at Cloud Essentials and brings a unique perspective as both an experienced attorney and technology specialist. As a qualified attorney, Kelly spent seven years working in Personal Injury law before joining KPMG in their Forensic division where she focused on compliance-based investigations. Kelly has always been tech-savvy and so after six years at KPMG she moved to Cloud Essentials to combine this passion for technology with her extensive legal training and compliance expertise. She enjoys helping clients use technology to meet their compliance requirements, in terms of laws such as POPIA and GDPR and facilitating necessary conversations between clients’ compliance and IT functions.
Leanna Janse van Rensburg
Data Privacy Compliance Advisor
An experienced compliance professional with a systematic, pragmatic approach to addressing and resolving clients’ challenges. Leanna brings a wealth of experience in compliance, having worked for ten years in compliance within the environmental science and renewable energy industry. In this highly ISO regulated industry, she developed an excellent ability to develop and implement compliance frameworks. She has an eye for detail and loves to research, but she never loses sight of the bigger picture. Leanna brings this insight to the design and delivery of Cloud Essentials’ workshops and compliance advisory services.
“…The data privacy workshop was both informative and effective in assessing our privacy risks and control requirements to make optimal use of the 365 compliance capabilities. We found the workshop extremely valuable and it provided actionable insights in our compliance journey”