Microsoft 365 Backup & Recovery in Azure
Protect Microsoft 365 Using Azure
However, Microsoft’s own services agreement, states the importance of having a backup plan that involves a third party.
So here’s a way you can get extra peace of mind for your content:
Using your own (or our) Microsoft Azure tenant, you can revolutionise your backup strategy and give your team the ability to respond to restore requests quickly and accurately.
Our dedicated backup as a service (BaaS) lets you deliver a segregated backup and restore service for user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Groups, SharePoint site collections and audit logs.
You can also backup the other platforms your business may be relying on, including:
- Virtual machine environments
- On-premises systems (that would normally use physical backup devices)
- Slack Enterprise & Box
Watch this 5 minute excerpt from our ‘Is a separate Office 365 backup solution essential?’ webinar.
COVID-19 has made protecting your content especially important, with new risks that include:
- more remote workers syncing up to OneDrive for Business,
- staff that may be new to working with Teams, SharePoint, etc,
- cyber criminals exploiting COVID-19 fears
Enhance Native Microsoft 365 Recovery
- Provide reliable point in time recovery (something that Microsoft does not offer)
- Select individual files & navigate by folders
- Select files using content search, restore by file type, restore between dates, etc
- Carry out restores to alternative locations (i.e. enabling inspection prior to restore)
- Control the location & architecture of your backup, e.g. maintain a 321 backup rule
- Get super fast restores (including self-service)
- Easily restore Teams Wiki data (it’s tricky with Microsoft)
Protect Against Ransomware
Although data loss is more likely to be as a result of internal malicious or accidental user activity, OneDrive for Business (owing to the fact it’s often configured to synchronise with user’s devices), is susceptible to ransomware. There’s also an indication that email online can be affected by ransomware.
In the event of an attack or any type of data loss in a SaaS environment, there’s two things that will act as insurance:
- Immutability – i.e. backups written to WORM storage
- Versioning – with the ability to undertake point-in-time recovery
HubStor provides this insurance, enabling enterprises to restore their data to a healthy state and with a high degree of granularity and control over the restore process.
Fast & Highly Scalable
HubStor delivers the enterprise-class security, reliability and performance demanded by exceptionally large Microsoft 365 tenants.
Customers are achieving sustained ingestion rates of 200+ emails per second and many TBs per day from SharePoint and OneDrive. We can scale higher if needed.
A continuous data protection (CDP) service lets you capture changes in near real time as they occur in SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams site collections, taking the pressure off fitting incremental backups into a nightly run.
What Makes This Service Different?
With no startup costs and the ability to pay based on your month-to-month consumption, this is a great way to get instant protection with zero lock-in.
And unlike backup vendors that only protect mailboxes, HubStor delivers Microsoft 365 data protection across OneDrive for Business, Teams, Groups, mailboxes, SharePoint, and the audit log with performance and scalability for large enterprises.
HubStor has provided Oxford Health with the confidence to grow into the cloud safely, knowing all our Office 365 data is backed up and protected within our Azure tenancy, benefiting from Microsoft’s storage flexibility. The HubStor technology is a stable, feature-rich and easy-to-use cloud backup solution. Oxford Health is now looking at utilising HubStor with its on-premise backups and replacing all current tape backup systems.
HubStor has been a reliable solution, delivering protection of our Office 365 data, and supporting our litigation and GDPR requirements.