Migrate from Mimecast and other third-party security solutions to Office 365 (& save money)
If you currently have the expense of using one or more ‘point’ add-on solutions such as Mimecast to reinforce your on-premises email security, data retention or business continuity strategy, did you know that the features included in your Microsoft subscription are now of mature and arguably better stature?
- The 99.9% service-levels and rapid recovery services available with Office 365 negate the need for separate backup and failover protection.
- Similarly, Microsoft’s multi-layered threat protection provides unrivalled security across many workloads including email, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint and shadow IT, as well as end-point protection.
- Microsoft 365 delivers an impressive array of data governance, compliance and eDiscovery features including virtually unlimited immutable storage, granular data retention and advanced eDiscovery.
By switching to a Microsoft-centric approach, not only will you get an enhanced security and protection framework; you can reduce costs in a world where costs are constantly increasing.
We can help you make the move, for example, importing your email records from Mimecast into Microsoft’s cloud in a way that is manageable, discoverable, and accessible to end users without compromising security.
And, if you are using Mimecast to prove an email journaling service, we can help you switch to journaling in Azure, or move to the equivalent service using Office 365 shared mailboxes.
Likewise we can help you switch out other security solutions such as McAfee and Airwatch, consolidating your Microsoft investment and saving considerable expense.
Understand your optimal Journal Migration Strategy
If you’re using a third-party security vendor or on-premises Microsoft Exchange server or archive (e.g. from Veritas or Metalogix) to journal email, we can migrate your journal records accumulated to date into a consolidated Microsoft cloud service.
Although it is possible to configure journaling policies in Office 365 (e.g. to write a copy of all or selected email traffic into a single-instanced journal mailbox), Office 365 itself cannot be used to host the journal mailbox.
Instead, you have the option to:
- Use a journal service hosted in Microsoft Azure
- Switch to using Office 365’s Litigation Hold to preserve email records, using either individual, custodian-based mailboxes or shared mailboxes.
With over 130 TBs of journaled email accumulated over the years, it was starting to take upwards of two weeks for the IT team to perform searches on behalf of the legal team.
Meet & surpass your current security posture - switch with confidence
Moving away from a perceived ‘belt and braces’ approach to your security understandably demands assurances for your business.
Our service therefore includes a workshop to:
- Analyse your current security status alongside your business’ security requirements going forwards
- Identify any gaps and explain how you can configure and licence your Office 365 environment to ensure your ‘post-switch’ security will match and surpass that delivered by your current third-party service
- Give guidance to key stakeholders on how to optimise security features in the Microsoft ecosystem including:
- Protection across all workloads including email, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive for Business and Teams
- Security for multi-cloud users
- Compliance and governance enhancement with integral Shadow IT and breach detection
- Security incident management, e.g. detecting and responding to suspicious activity.
Working with our compliance experts, you’ll also discover additional ways in which your organisation can benefit from the comprehensive data governance and eDiscovery functionality which forms an integral part of Microsoft’s cloud.