The One-Stop-Shop for Your Office 365 Re-organisation
In the event of a merger, acquisition or just a change in the way you want to organise your business, you can now migrate virtually any workload between Microsoft Office 365 tenants.
On ‘day one’, everything needed for smooth collaboration between your domains is established, ensuring business as usual for all staff and seamless communications with the outside world from the new entity.
You can then migrate the widest range of different workloads you’re likely to encounter as a one-stop-shop, including:
- Mailboxes, SharePoint, Teams & Groups, OneDrive for Business, Public Folders, Skype for Business (including conversation history), Stream, etc
- Third-party email archives & email journals
- G Suite & IMAP mailstores
- Document management systems, Power BI & Power Apps
As part of your migration Active Directory can also be restructured to support your new entity.
Making sure that your security and data governance isn’t compromised as you migrate is also an essential part of the service.
There’s no need for any servers on your environment as your migration is done using our SaaS Migration Platform in Azure, ensuring optimal security and performance.
During your migration you’ll work closely with our services team, receiving the best expert advice and a personal and responsive service we believe is unrivalled.
Get your tenant to tenant migration delivered at a fixed cost & using a pay-as-you-go SaaS model that reflects exactly the workloads you need to move.
Cloud Essentials unified and consolidated our two Office 365 tenants and 12 domains into a single tenant while minimising disruption to over 15,000 staff in offices around the world.
Merge, split or move between Office 365 tenants
When you need to migrate or merge Office 365 tenants, moving data and users is just the tip of the iceberg, especially if you have multiple domains that must co-exist for any length of time.
- You need to synchronise contacts and free/busy information to ensure co-workers can email and collaborate easily and communicate with clients throughout the migration – as though in a single domain.
- You may need to consolidate the infrastructure of the merging organisations, starting with integrating the separate Active Directory (AD) instances into one.
- Not all the organisations involved may be in the cloud – we often work with enterprises that need to integrate legacy on-premises users and applications with Office 365.
- There may be incompatible email archives and journals that need to be merged.
There’s other things to transfer across and rationalise, including security, privacy, anti-spam, legal holds and retention management policies.
Let Cloud Essentials take the complexity out of your Tenant merger or migration. We can split the different workloads into into separate migrations and do a mix and match of whatever part you need.
Migrate User Mailboxes & Calendars Between Tenants
We offer a full suite of Office 365 tenant to tenant migration tools and services to cover all your needs, including enterprise coexistence (calendar free/busy, mail routing and GALSync) that will enable your users to work seamlessly (and your clients to maintain contact) as you transition.
As well as migrating users’ mailboxes we can also migrate the contents of any legacy email archives and journals (such as Enterprise Vault or Mimecast) between locations, enabling you to:
- Standardise on an archive service or
- Eliminate the need for a separate archive service (and use Office 365 archiving instead).
Items migrated include:
Delegations and permissions
Rooms and equipment
Litigation hold folders
On-prem 3rd-party archives
OneDrive Migration Between Tenants
Migrate a OneDrive environment to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online in another tenant.
We can help you audit and report on your existing environment to help plan, configure and selectively migrate content.
You can choose to keep or overwrite existing files at the OneDrive for Business or SharePoint destination, as well as whether to migrate metadata such as file creation details.
As part of your OneDrive migration service we can perform analysis of existing environments for permissions, layouts, unused content and lists etc. We can then flag any issues or areas of concern that may need to be addressed as you migrate.
Items migrated include:
Uploaded files (eg: .pdfs, .jpgs)
Teams & Groups Migrations Between Tenants
Migrate content in Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups, including group mailbox content, folder permissions, and delegation.
Manage target group creation, membership, and ownership.
As part of your migration we can review your Teams security and governance situation.
For example, if you have Teams that no longer have an owner, unused Teams or external sharing permissions of concern, our audit service will help surface these to for review so that they can be resolved before migrate.
Teams & Groups
SharePoint site behind Teams
Preserves all group members
Preserves all permissions
Active Directory Consolidation
As well as synchronising your AD environments in the first phase of your move, we can help you design the ideal AD schema for your new combined entity.
This includes reviewing existing objects, groups, devices, data, security, policies etc., determining any changes to these components and planning for growth.
We can also ensure any legacy AD naming structures and attributes are removed.
Other capabilities include:
- Migration without trusts (if this is not possible)
- Password copying to enable same password sign on
- Migration of remote users between tenants
- Option to reverse changes during key steps
- Migrate Active Directory environments while users are online
Items synchronised and moved include:
Objects, settings & properties
All types of users – even remote
Disconnected & isolated objects
Moves within & between forests
Highly complex scenarios
Roll back changes
Highly secure – no firewall ports
Migrate during business hours
Get complete visibility
Reports, charts & diagrams